• From Joburg: Take The Friendly N6 from Bloemfontein to Aliwal North. 800km
- At Aliwal North, turn off on to the R58 towards Lady Grey. Continue past Lady Grey towards Barkly East.
- Approximately 48 kms from Lady Grey, turn left at the New England turn out on to gravel road.
- Travel for approx. 7km. At the New England fork, keep right and follow the Lundeans Nek signs.
- Travel for approx. 8.5km. At the Wartrail / Barkly East fork, keep left towards Wartrail & Lundeans Nek.
- Travel for approx. 15km. At the next New England / Wartrail T-junction, turn right towards Wartrail & Lundean’s Nek.
- Travel for approx. 19km. At the Mosheshesford / Lundean’s Nek fork, keep left towards Lundean’s Nek.
- Travel for approx. 2km. At the Tiffindell / Lundean’s Nek fork, keep left towards Lundean’s Nek. The Wartrail Sports Club will now be on your right.
- Continue for 2 kms until you reach Reedsdell Country Guest Farm on your right.
- Fill up with petrol/diesel in Aliwal North or Barkly East.
- Please contact me as you leave the tar road then I know where you are at what time. Give yourself +/- 1 hour from the tar to Reedsdell. There is very little cellphone reception once on the dirt road. The dirt road is rough in some sections so please travel carefully.
Alternate route from Jo’burg: Take the more scenic route – Kroonstad – Senekal – Marquard – Clocolan – Hobhouse – Wepner – Zastron – Sterkspruit – Telle Bridge (gravel road) - Lundeans Nek (gravel road) 700km – HIGH CLEARANCE VEHICLES ONLY, GRAVEL IS ROUGH
• From East London: Take the Friendly N6 to Aliwal North, or travel to Barkly East via Elliot.
• From Durban: Travel to Barkly East via Maclear, Ugie, Elliot or follow the Maloti Route from Harrismith to Aliwal North or Zastron. RECOMMENDED ROUTE: From Barkly East, take the R58 towards Lady Grey. Two kms outside of town, turn right on to the gravel road towards New England / Lundean’s Nek. Travel for 10 kms until you reach the New England / Wartrail fork. Keep right towards Wartrail. Continue with point 5 above.
PLEASE NOTE: Check-in time is from 2pm and check-out time is 10am unless alternative arrangements have been made – Thank you.
FROM BLOEMFONTEIN - 355kms (4 hrs) FROM JOHANNESBURG - 755km (8 hrs)
Follow the N1 through Bloemfontein . On the Southern outskirts take the turnoff to Aliwal North (N6) Kerkstraat / Church street . Follow the signs to Aliwal North through Reddersburg, Smithfield, and Rouxville. On entering Aliwal, turn right at the first robots. Travel along the main road and turn left before the church towards Lady Grey. Do not go to Jamestown. After Aliwal drive past Lady Grey (it is off the road) and after about 48km look out for the turnoff to New England/Wartrail/Lundeans Nekl. From here follow the 'Lundeans Nek' signs along this gravel road for approx. 55km.
Alternate route from Jo’burg: Take the more scenic route – Kroonstad – Senekal – Marquard – Clocolan – Hobhouse – Wepner – Zastron – Sterkspruit – Telle Bridge ( gravel road) - Lundeans Nek (gravel road) 700km
NOTE: Please be advised to travel carefully and adhere to speed limits on the gravel roads. Some warning signs of sharp curves ahead and blind rises are non-existent so take precautions. Move over to the left of the road when approaching on-coming traffic.
FROM DURBAN -600km(6.5hrs) Get to Kokstad via Pietermaritzburg or the N2. Follow the route through Tsolo, Maclear, Ugie, Elliot and Barkly East. Watch out for children, animals and potholes when travelling through the old Transkei.
FROM CAPE TOWN - 1100km(12hrs )Head for Aliwal North, via Colesburg, Venterstad and Burgersdorp. Then follow directions as from JHB.
FROM PORT ELIZABETH - 600kms (6.5 hrs) FROM EAST LONDON - 400kms (5 hrs)
Follow directions as per map to Barkly East.